We are informing the public that the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology Regional Office 9 (BJMPRO-IX) is now accepting applicants for Jail Officer 1 for the recruitment year 2023 with the following qualifications:
- A citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- A person of good moral character;
- Must have passed the psychiatric/psychological, drug and physical tests for the purpose of determining his/her physical and mental health;
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution of learning;
- Must possess appropriate eligibility (Second Level eligibilities: CSE-Professional, RA 1080, and Penology Officer Examination, etc);
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed for cause from previous employment;
- Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
- Must be at least one meter and fifty-seven centimeters (1.57 m.) in height for male, and one meter and fifty-two centimeters (1.52 m.) for female; and
- Must weigh not more or less than five kilograms (5 kgs.) from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex.
The BJMP Region IX adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity, a principle that asserts that all people should have the right to work and advance on the bases of merit and ability, regardless of their race, sex, color, religion, disability, national origin, or age.
Proceed to the Directorate for Personnel & Records Management (DPRM)/Personnel
& Records Management Division (PRMD) and submit to the authorized personnel the
following documents placed in a folder properly TABBED and LABELLED:
- Duly Accomplished Personal Data Sheet (revised 2017)
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by PSA
- Authenticated Copy of College Diploma
- Authenticated Copy of Transcript of Records
- Authenticated Certificate of Eligibility or Board Rating (w/ PRC ID)
- Photocopy of Marriage Certificate (if married) issued by PSA
- Photocopy of NBI Clearance
- Photocopy of Police Clearance
- Photocopy of Barangay Clearance
- Photocopies of Court Clearances
- Fiscal Clearance
- Photocopy of NCIP/NCMF Certificate (if necessary)
(NCMF should be issued by the Bureau of External Relations)
- Photocopies of Certificate/s of Previous & Present Employment
- Photocopies of Certificate/s of Seminars/Trainings Completed
Bring 1 pc 1×1 and 2 pcs passport size picture with name tag.
Once an applicant passes “STEP 01”, he/she shall be indorsed to the Regional/Health Service Unit for Initial Medical Evaluation which includes the following:
- Hepatitis B Screening
- Initial Physical Examination:
- No gross/major visual defect
- No hearing loss or impairment
- No gross deformities of nasal and oropharyngeal cavities
- No other deformities that may affect speech, mastication and deglution
- No gross skeletal deformity that will limit joint movements
- No dermatological diseases that are communicable
- No skin/tattoo/s, and soft tissue and glandular masses
- No unusual body piercing/s
The DPRM shall schedule the conduct of simultaneous examination for all JO1 applicants.
The Entry-Level Examination (EnLEx) shall be composed of the following:
|Part I||General Information||20%|
|Part III||Basic English and Grammar||30%|
|Part IV||Sentence Arrangement and||20%|
On the examination date, bring the following:
- Latest colored passport size picture
- Valid Identification Card
- Pencil with Eraser
- Black Ballpen
Applicants whose Neuro-Psychiatric evaluation were granted, shall be required to appear before the NHRMPSB/RHRMPSB for panel interview. The interviewees shall be rated as follows:
|Manner of Speaking/Clarity & Coherence in Presenting Ideas||20%|
|Critical Thinking/Maturity of Judgment||20%|
Failure to obtain the average of 70% during the panel interview shall disqualify the applicant during the current recruitment period.
The initial deliberation shall be undertaken by the NHRMPSB/RHRMPSSB to determine the sufficient number of applicants recommended to proceed to the next step depending on the qouta available. The qualified appplicants, including those granted automatic waivers, shall be ranked based on the results of the EnLEx, Panel Interview and premium points given.
- Applicants who shall be endorsed for medical/dental examinations are based from the initial deliberation.
- Proceed to HSU for the conduct of physical, medical and dental examinations and thereafter secure referrals for the required laboratory tests.
- Submit ORIGINAL results of laboratory tests to the HSU.
- An applicant who has health or dental condition that CANNOT be corrected or remedied shall be REMOVED from the selection process and be informed accordingly.
- An applicant who passed the medical and dental evaluations shall be certified physically fit for training and subsequently be endorsed to DPRM/PRMD.
- Applicants who passed the Medical & Dental Examination shall be required to undergo the Strength and Agility Test(SAT).
- Based on the schedule provided by the DPRM/PRMD, report in athletic attire and
perform the following five (5) events indicated below
EXERCISE MALE FEMALE TIME FRAME PUSH UP 25 15 1 min JUMPING JACK 100 70 2 mins PULL UP 3 – – FULL ARMS HANGING – 30 secs – 100m SPRINT 15 secs 18 secs – 1 km RUN 5 mins 6 mins –
- An applicant who failed to meet the standard in two(2) of the five (5) events shall be disqualified to proceed to the next phase of the screening process. However, he/she is given a chance to repeat the failed events in another scheduled date.
The point system for the final order of merit shall be as follows:
|Criteria||Raw Score||%||Results (RS x %)|
|Final Average (Sum of the Results)||x|
FOR APPLICANTS WHO WILL BE APPOINTED FOR JAIL OFFICER 1
Submit THREE (3) folders properly TABBED and LABELED containing the following:
Copy for BJMP:
- Personal Data Sheet
- Authenticated Transcript of Records
- Authenticated College Diploma
- Authenticated Certificate of Eligibility or Board Rating
- Original Copy of Birth Certificate issued by PSA
- Original Clearances (NBI, Police, Brgy. MTC, RTC, & Prosecutor’s Ofc)
- Medical Certificate issued by HSU
- Photocopy of Laboratory Results submitted to HSU
- Duly Accomplished Statement of Assets and Liabilities and Net Worth (3 copies)
- Original Marriage Certificate issued by PSA (if married)
- Original Certificate Confirmation from the NCIP or NCMF (if necessary)
- Personal Data Sheet (2 sets)
- Authenticated Certificate of Eligibility or Board Rating with receipt
- Photocopy of Certificate of Confirmation from the NCIP or NCMF (if necessary)
Sign the Certificate of Undertaking, which signifies the concurrence to accept
any designation that will be given as a Jail Officer 1 in the BJMP regardless of
educational background and region of origin.
Report at the DPRM/PRMD in blue maong pants, white round neck shirt, black garrison belt with silver buckle, white pair of shoes and socks with proper haircut.
Bring two (2) documentary stamps and valid identification Card (ID) for the Oath of Office form.
Oath-taking ceremony shall proceed upon the approval and availability of the Appointing Authority.
- Always secure a Visitor’s ID at the BJMP Headquarters Support Service Unit (HSSU) Area before you transact any business at the NHQ.
- Always observe courtesy especially in following up the status of your application.
- Always report on time.
- Transact your business with authorized DPRM/PRMD personnel only. NO FEES shall be charged during your application except for personal expenses during laboratory exams or dental interventions done in private institutions.
- Report to the Director, DPRM/C,PRMD any comments or suggestions to further improve the system.
- If there is any individual or personnel of the Bureau who extort money in exchange for a favorable action on one’s application, proceed to the Directorate for Intelligence (3rd Floor, BJMP-NHQ) or to the Office of the Chief, BJMP for commensurate action.
Interested applicants may now submit the following requirements thru online using our email address [email protected] or visit BJMP Regional Office 9.
For online submission of requirements, we need the scanned copy of all the required documents. You still have to submit a hard copy of your following requirements in BJMP Regional Office 9.